Monday, February 1, 2010

braised chicken with orange and scallions

serves: 4
prep time: 15 min
total time: 35 min










-1 chicken (31/2 to 4 pounds), cut into pieces
(I just use whatever parts I have)
- coarse salt
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 2 bunches scallions, halved crosswise
- 3/4 cup halved, pitted green olives
- 6 strips orange zest, plus 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)


1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium- high until hot but not smoking, about 1 minute. Season chicken with salt. Swirl oil in skillet. Working in batches if needed, add chicken, skin side down, and brown on one side, about 5 minutes.

2. Turn chicken, skin side up, and add scallions, olives, and orange zest and juice to skillet. Transfer to oven an cook until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.

published in May 2009's issue of Everyday Food

As you can see I enjoy cooking chicken, it is easy to prepare, and it goes well with variety of ingredients. In addition to this recipe, before cooking the meat I marinade it for as long as I can (no longer than 2 hours) in Soy Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment